We advise all our clients to read through the clinic terms and conditions before making a booking. These are put in place to safeguard the clinic and to ensure the maximum standards and service are offered to the client. In booking an appointment you are agreeing to the clinic terms and conditions stated below.
Set out below are the terms on which Professional Aesthetics Academy provides service to its clients. Please ensure that you have read and fully understood them prior to booking any Professional Aesthetics Academy treatments.
We highly recommend that you schedule your appointments at least one week in advance to ensure that your preferred time and treatment or service is available.
Patient & Medical records
All patients will be asked to provide contact details; including: full name, DOB, full address, telephone numbers and email address. This will secure an appointment.
All Patients will also be asked to complete a Medical History form at their first appointment, this is necessary for the consultation and treatment planning process.
You will be asked to update your Medical History Form regularly.
All information will be treated as confidential and protected in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
Patient information will not be shared with third parties without written permissions and you will not receive unsolicited information from us.
You may choose to remove yourself from our mailing list at any time, by unsubscribing.
New Patient – Telephone Consultation.
Whilst telephone consultations are discouraged, we acknowledge that there may be some circumstances when this service may be helpful; particularly for our patients who will be travelling long distances. New patients, seeking advice from a practitioner in a telephone discussion, require a diary appointment of 20 minutes. Patients must be available at the time agreed. A charge of £50 will made for this service which will be payable in advance.
Appointments and Cancellation Policy
All doctors, nurses and therapists at are trained and approved in accordance with the company’s treatment protocols and thereforeProfessional Aesthetics Academy does not guarantee continued treatment with a named nurse or therapist.
If you are unable to attend your appointment, we require 24 hours’ notice. If you fail to attend an appointment without giving due notice, we may charge a cancellation fee and require you to pay for all future treatments in advance. Clients who have purchased a course of treatment but fail to attend their appointment will be charged for their missed treatment.
Late arrival may result in reduced treatment time or forfeiting of the appointment.
Professional Aesthetics Academy will endeavour to ensure that your appointment runs to time; however, should we need to cancel or postpone your appointment at short notice, we will make every effort to contact you in advance.
Prior to your appointment we will inform you of any preparation required in advance of your treatment. Failure to follow the guidelines may result in cancellation of your appointment, reduced treatment time, or additional fees being charged.
We do not provide refunds for cancelled or missed appointments. Cancellation is accepted over the phone or in person at the salon. Cancellation via e-mail is accepted. Do not leave voice message regarding cancellations.
Please note clients can reschedule their existing booked appointment for a maximum of three times. Any further rescheduling will be at the discretion of Professional Aesthetics Academy . Too many rescheduling per client in a very short time frame causes business disruptions which can affect existing clients. Professional Aesthetics Academy wants to ensure disruptions are set to a minimum and provide all clients the best flexibility and assured times possible.
Courses of treatments
All treatments purchased as a course must be paid for in full in advance of the first treatment. All treatments must be taken within 12 months of the date of purchase; any treatments left untaken after 12 months will be forfeited.
Please note that treatment exchanges are available upon discretion.
- The practitioner is fully certified to carry out all treatments offered and has the appropriate liability insurance with certificates available upon request if not already presented in the treatment room environment.
- No staff at Professional Aesthetics Academy are Independent Prescribers (IP). Certain treatments require a prescription to obtain certain products. Professional Aesthetics Academy employs an external prescriber who charges us per prescription.
- If a client is attending an aesthetics consultation, the practitioner WILL require facial photos to satisfy insurance requirements or discuss your treatment/s with other professionals in order to obtain the appropriate treatment.
- The practitioner may ask if photo’s can be taken with certain treatments for validation, training and portfolio purposes. Certain photos taken will be used for marketing purposes.
Please ensure that your mobile phone is switched off during your visit.
All treatment bookings must be paid for in full, on arrival at the clinic, prior to treatment/training course commencing.
If you have paid for a course of treatments and are subsequently unable to complete the course, we will offer you a refund, calculated by deducting the full list price of all treatments already taken, plus any charged for non-attendance, from the total price of the course of treatments, and return the difference to you. (Note: treatments or courses that have been bought with discounts will be calculated based on full list price per course and per treatment)
You have 7 working days to cancel the service, beginning the day after you made a booking. If your treatment starts within the cancellation period then your right to cancel ends the day you start treatment.
Please be aware that the booking fees are non-refundable unless you cancel 24 hours before your appointment time.
Purchased products are non refundable. However Professional Aesthetics Academy may agree to exchange the product (unopened/original packaging) for another product of same value.
Please note we do not tolerate any type of receipt fraud.
PRETTY FACE FINANCE
- Professional Aesthetics Academy offers finance to all its client via a third party finance company called Pretty Face Finance.
- Clients are able to apply for finance through Pretty Face Finance from any desktop, laptop, iOS or android system using the link on the Professional Aesthetics Academy finance page.
- Professional Aesthetics Academy is not responsible for the account you set up with Pretty Face Finance.
- Pricing within the Pretty Face Finance portal may differ from the pricing on our website and are subject to change at anytime, this is due to fees for providing a finance service.
- Clients should only apply for finance if they can afford the repayments.
- Professional Aesthetics Academy is not responsible for any data that Pretty Face Finance may hold on you as a client.
- Once a client has applied and approved for the allotted sum, Professional Aesthetics Academy is unable to refund any authorised sums of money. Providing the treatment has not yet taken place the client must contact Pretty Face Finance to adjust the loan agreement.
- Professional Aesthetics Academy will not involve itself with any disputes between ourselves, the client and Pretty Face Finance.
- Pretty Face Finance is only authorised to approve treatments under Professional Aesthetics Academy and none of our supported businesses on our webpage.
- Unique discount codes can only be used as stated.
- Professional Aesthetics Academy is unable to offer the 10% discount on any multiple laser treatments as the facility on the Pretty Face Finance platform is not available. Full price can only be taken under the finance agreement.
Treatment & Training suitability
We will always assess whether treatment/Course is suitable for you, or likely to be successful, prior to any treatment/Course being carried out. If not, we will inform you as to the reasons why. You will only be liable for the cost of the initial consultation, where applicable.
Professional Aesthetics Academy will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of profit), or for any other special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, its provision of any goods and/or services to the client.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that he or she provide Professional Aesthetics Academy with all relevant medical details prior to each treatment. Professional Aesthetics Academy will not be liable for any damage that occurs as a result of the client’s failure to disclose such details.
The client agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by, or on behalf of, Professional Aesthetics Academy regarding the care of a treated area. Nothing in these terms of business shall exclude or limit liability for death or any personal injury resulting from Professional Aesthetics Academy negligence.
Children are not allowed into laser controlled areas and Professional Aesthetics Academy is unable to supervise children left unattended in the waiting room. Please do not bring children under the age of 10 unless a responsible adult is accompanying you and can look after them whilst you are being treated.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that he or she provide the designated practitioner with all relevant medical details prior to each treatment. Professional Aesthetics Academy will not be liable for any damage that occurs as a result of the client’s failure to disclose such details.
If after your appointment you are not satisfied with your service, we ask you to please contact the clinic within 7 days of that service to inform the clinic. The doctor will advise you of the amount of wrinkle relaxing and/or filler being administered on the day, and should you want more units injected at a review, this is possible but will carry a further service charge. We would always advise to wait at least 3 weeks for any fillers to settle within the treatment area before looking at administering additional filler in to the treatment area. Unless in case of emergency, please notify the clinic immediately, however this would be incredibly rare.
The Professional Aesthetics Academy team cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of your personal possessions while on the premises
Your right to complain
Professional Aesthetics Academy endeavours to treat all its clients appropriately, compassionately and fairly. If, however, you have an issue with any matter in relation to your treatment atProfessional Aesthetics Academy , you are entitled to lodge a complaint, either verbally, by telephone or in writing. If you require assistance with making your complaint, Professional Aesthetics Academy will be pleased to help.
The member of staff who initially receives the complaint will convey the details to the Clinic Manager or their designated deputy, and you will receive a letter within two days of lodging the complaint that an investigation into the matter is under way.
- Patients are encouraged to provide suggestions, compliments, concerns and complaints and we offer a range of ways to do it.
- Patients are encouraged to discuss any concerns about treatment and service with their treating clinician, or they can complete our customer feedback form.
- Clinicians and staff can also use the feedback form to record any concerns and complaints about the quality of service or care to customers.
- All complainants are treated with respect, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- All complaints are handled without prejudice or assumptions about how minor or serious they are. The emphasis is on resolving the problem.
- Patients and staff can make complaints on a confidential basis or anonymously if they wish, and be assured that their identity will be protected.
- Patients, clinicians and staff will not to be discriminated against or suffer any unjust adverse consequences as a result of making a complaint about standards of care and service.
- All clinicians and staff are expected to encourage patients to provide feedback about the service, including complaints, concerns, suggestions and compliments.
- Clinicians and staff are expected to attempt resolution of complaints and concerns at the point of service, wherever possible and within the scope of their role and responsibility.
The process of resolving the problem will include:
- an expression of regret to the consumer for any harm or distress suffered;
- an explanation or information about what is known, without speculating or blaming others; considering the problem and the outcome the consumer is seeking and proposing a solution; and confirming that the patient is satisfied with the proposed solution.
If the problem is resolved, clinicians and staff are expected to complete the Suggestion for Improvement form to record feedback from patients.
Our clinicians and staff will consult with their manager if addressing the problem is beyond their responsibilities.
If the Complaint is Not Resolved
Complaints that are not resolved at the point of service, or that are received in writing and require follow up, are regarded as formal complaints.
Our clinicians and staff refer complaints to Professional Aesthetics Academy if:
- After attempting to resolve the complaint, they do not feel confident in dealing with the complainant; or
- The outcome the complainant is seeking is beyond the scope of their responsibilities Or;
- They or the complainant believe the matter should be brought to the attention of someone with more authority.
If the complaint is not resolved at the point of service, clinicians and staff are expected to provide the complainant with the formal complaints policy.
Clinicians and staff then complete the first two sections of the Complaint Follow up form and forward it to Dr Sam.
Dr Sam coordinates resolution of formal complaints in close liaison with the treating clinician and other staff who are directly involved.
- DR SAM is responsible for coordinating investigation and resolution of formal complaints, conducting risk assessments (in consultation with clinicians), liaising with complainants, maintaining a register of complaints and other feedback, providing regular reports on informal and formal complaints, and monitoring the performance of the complaints policy and procedure.
- DR SAM is responsible for a proactive approach to receiving feedback from patients and staff & risk management.
- Investigation and review of complaints and follow up action for serious complaints, or where complaints result in recommendations for change in policy of procedures.
Dr sam is responsible for;
- Ensuring appropriate action is taken to resolve individual complaints;
- Acting on recommendations for improvement arising from complaints;
- Ensuring there is meaningful reporting on trends in complaints;
- Ensuring compliance and review of the complaints management policy;
- Notifications to insurers; and
- Consultation with professional registration boards, and others where necessary
After receiving a formal complaint, Dr Sam reviews the issues in consultation with relevant clinicians to decide what action should be taken, consistent with the risk management procedure.
Assessing Resolution Options
Formal complaints are normally resolved by direct negotiation with the complainant, but some complaints are better resolved with the assistance of an alternative disputes resolution provider.
The complaints manager will sign post the complainant to an appropriate external body if;
- There is a serious question about the adequacy and safety of a health practitioner;
- The complaint is against a senior clinician or manager who will be responsible for investigating the complaint, resulting in a perception that there is a lack of independence; or
- The complaint raises complex issues that require external expertise.
- The complaint cannot be resolved internally to the patients satisfaction.
- These Terms and Conditions (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales.